I was nominated by JeeYoung from simplyeveryblog and Sarah from momfactsandfood. Thank you both for nominating me! I love that Instagram has given me the ability to connect with both of you. I absolutely love JeeYoung’s outfit posts and her boys are so adorable! SI decided to combine the questions asked in one post.
In the blogging world, the Liebster award is an online recognition given to new bloggers by fellow bloggers for enjoying and valuing their work. It is meant to highlight and credit new up and coming blogs within our writing community.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you.
- Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next.
- Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination.
My 11 random facts:
- I can’t say the word shoulder. I pronounce it as “soldier.” If I do have to say shoulder, I have to repeat it a couple of times in my head first.
- When I was a kid my dream job was to be a paleontologist. I loved the idea of traveling and uncovering fossils. Then Jurassic Park came out and I changed my mind.
- There was a brief period during my childhood where I knew how to speak Russian. My dad loves learning different languages and was learning Russian. I would help him practice and learned basic phrases.
- My parents operated a foster home for most of my adolescent life. The kids that were placed in my parents’ foster home inspired me to become invested in charities/activities involving foster care and adoption.
- I’m a strict advocate of not allowing drunk people to get behind the wheel. My uncle on my mother’s side was killed by a drunk driver who was driving the wrong direction. I just remember our entire family in the hospital waiting room and the pain in my mother’s, aunt’s and grandmother’s faces.
- I’m an NFL fan. I love football season and can get competitive when it comes to Fantasy Football.
- I ended up taking a year and a half off between graduating high school and college to figure out what I wanted to do.
- I’m picky about frosting on cakes. It can’t be too sweet or too thick. If it is, I’ll scrape it off!
- The night before my first son was born I had a dream that my water broke and I went into labor. I woke up slightly disappointed. The next night I had the same dream, woke up, thought I was dreaming still, walked into the bathroom to discover it was the real deal!
- November and December are my favorite times of the year because of all the holidays that bring my family together. I have a lot of good childhood memories from that time of year too!
- If you could eat anything right now at this very moment, what would it be?
Eggs florentine. I’m a sucker for a good egg breakfast and a hollandaise.
- What do you like blogging about the most?
I love that it’s so therapeutic especially since I’m battling PPD. It’s nice to be able to collect my thoughts and put them in one place.
- Would you want to be famous, if so, in what way?
I wouldn’t want to be famous. I feel like there is so much pressure associated with being famous. Plus I feel like I’m too awkward to be famous.
- When is the last time you sang out loud? What song?
Yesterday with my son in the car. This is a miracle considering most of the time it causes him more grief.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
To have such caring people in my life. My husband does whatever he can to support me with my interests.
- What do you value most in a friendship?
Having someone be there for you no matter what is something I consider valuable. I know that life makes everyone busy and realistically friends can’t be with each other all the time. Knowing that if I needed someone to talk to, that they are just a phone call away, is reassuring.
- What is your favorite feature about yourself?
My eyes. I would actually get made fun of as a kid because I had such big eyes. I’ve learned to love them.
- What’s your favorite color?
- What would you be your dream vacation?
Somewhere tropical and family friendly. The kids would be getting along, tantrums would be at a minimum and the weather would be perfect. Oh what a dream!
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written?
It would be “How Becoming a Mama has made me feel beautiful” mainly because I wrote about something that made me feel uncomfortable about myself that I’m trying to embrace.
- What is your most treasured memory?
I think the one that stands out right now is when W first recognized me. He looked at me and I could see that something clicked in his mind. We were looking at each other directly and a huge gummy grin appeared across his face. It took every ounce of me not to cry since I didn’t want him to think I was sad!
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
I was experiencing a low point with battling PPD and felt alone. My doctor has repeatedly told me that PPD is more common than most people think and often women don’t know how to reach out and feel just as alone. I thought starting a blog that often discusses it would not only help me deal with it but reach out to other women experiencing it so they wouldn’t feel alone.
2. What’s your favorite part of motherhood?
One of my favorite parts is watching my kids conquer something they’ve had difficulty mastering. The look on their faces alone makes me want to cry with happiness.
3. What’s your favorite food?
Almost any pasta dish. It’s like a comfort food to me and I’m extremely picky about how pasta is cooked.
4. If there was a movie made about you who would play your role?
Oh man, this is hard, maybe which ever starlet is popular at the time? I really can’t think of someone at the top of my head.
5. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Gum smacking, especially if someone is talking to you and smacking their gum.
6. What do you aspire to do when you “grow up”?
Something involved with helping people. I
7. What type of novels do you like to read?
A variety of things from historic to fiction. I don’t have a specific genre that I like.
8. Who was your favorite teacher or professor and why?
My favorite teacher was my art teacher in high school. She opened my eyes to art and being more confident in myself. I was so shy and timid during high school and she helped me find my own art style and be proud of it.
9. How do you cheer yourself up after an especially stressful day?
I grab myself a hot fudge sundae from McDonalds. There’s something so comforting about it…I think because it’s ice cream. Who doesn’t love ice cream?
10. What’s the one thing you never expected, but has happened in motherhood?
That I would find such strength and beauty in myself. I always expected motherhood to just center around kids and helping them grow. I never realized that it would help me grow as an individual as well.
11. What’s your favorite movie and why?
I don’t have a favorite movie. I love the Harry Potter series, the majority of the Star Wars series, and any Hayao Miyazaki film too.
I would like to nominate:
Jennifer of mymamaproject
Karran of themamaedits
Danielle of danioverthepond
My questions for you are:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is one piece of advice that has stuck with you?
- What is your most memorable trip?
- What does your perfect day consist of?
- If you could trade places with someone for one day, who would it be and why?
- What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
- If you could relive one day, exactly as it was, what day would you want to relive?
- If you could have a all-paid-for shopping spree at one store, what store would it be?
- What is one mom-related item you can’t live without?
- What is one funny mom-related moment that has happened to you?
- What is your favorite day of the week and why?
- What is one piece of advice you would pass on to a first time mama?
Looking forward to reading everyone’s responses!